Partner | T. 416-901-9984
Sancia Pinto is a Lawyer, Adjudicator, Mediator and Co-Founder of Pinto Shekib LLP.
Known as a vigorous advocate, Sancia’s civil litigation practice focuses on Employment law; Wills, Estates & Trusts disputes; and Insurance litigation (including motor vehicle accident claims, slip and fall claims, disability insurance disputes and product liability claims). Sancia has litigated a varied array of cases, from wrongful dismissal claims to catastrophic injuries and fatality cases, securing millions in compensation for her clients.
In her administrative law practice, Sancia regularly advocates for her clients before various Ontario Tribunals and has successfully conducted mediations, pre-hearings and arbitration proceedings at the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), Ontario College of Nurses, Ontario College of Pharmacists and the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT).
Sancia further enjoys a thriving Mediation and Arbitration practice. Sancia is a certified mediator and received her training in negotiation and mediation at The Harvard Negotiation Institute at Harvard Law School. Sancia is a certified Adjudicator and completed her Advanced Certificate in Adjudication through the Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators (SOAR) and Osgoode Professional Development. Sancia combines her varied experience in litigation, adjudication and mediation to assist her clients with complex legal matters.
Sancia has served as a Mediator and Adjudicator (a judge) for Ontario Provincial Tribunals, where she has conducted thousands of mediations over the years and issued many decisions involving complex insurance disputes. Sancia has also served as an Adjudicator and Mediator with the Condominium Authority Tribunal, the Administrative Penalty Tribunal, and the Ministry of Attorney General Court Services Division (Superior Court).
When she is not in Court, Sancia is a mentor and subject matter assessor for Ryerson University’s Law Practice Program (LPP), where she provides practical legal training, mentorship and assessments of candidates in the LPP.
Sancia is a member of the Ontario Bar Association, Canadian Bar Associations, South Asian Bar Association, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario.
In addition to her academic and legal pursuits, Sancia devotes her spare time to monitoring real estate trends, traveling and spending time with her family.
- Employment Law
- Insurance Law
- Disability Law (including long term disability claims)
- Wills, Estates & Trusts Disputes
- Administrative & Regulatory Law
- L.M. v The Co-operators, 2020 CanLII 80288 (ON LAT) – Sancia Pinto as the Adjudicator
- O.S. v Certas Home, 2020 CanLII 42665 (ON LAT) – Sancia Pinto as the Adjudicator
- B.J. v Aviva Insurance, 2020 CanLII 144688 (ON LAT) – Sancia Pinto as the Adjudicator
- Ontario (College of Pharmacists) v Member Z, 2020 ONCPDC 21 (CanLII) – Counsel to the Respondent in a successful defence of allegations of professional misconduct before the Discipline Committee of the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- I.S. v Allstate Insurance Company of Canada, 2019 CanLII 101539 (ON LAT) – Sancia Pinto as the Adjudicator
- E.T. v Certas Home, 2019 CanLII 40289 (ON LAT) – Sancia Pinto as the Adjudicator
- Certificate in Mediation – Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA
- Advanced Certificate in Adjudication, Osgoode Professional Development & SOAR, Toronto, ON
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours, B.A.) (Summa Cum Laude), Faculty of Political Science, York University, Toronto, ON